Motion adjustment

Here you can ask general questions about sim building, not related to the various hardware sections

Motion adjustment

Postby daliawest » Wed 24. Oct 2012, 19:04

Hi all,

I finally finish building my sim. I have 2 wiper motors, one JRK each and running xsim 3. I have all of the info provide here to setup JRK in the utility, and also setup the axes in xsim. I have download steam version of F1 2012. Everything works so far but I find that my sim seems to have a slower response then the game. example I am taking a turn once I am almost half way into to the turn that's when the sim starts to move in the direction that I am turning.

Another example is on a long straight I zigzag the car in the game to warmup tires and I get no reaction from the sim. If I turn the wheel complety then I get the full motion on the sim but then I crash.

How can I adjust this so that when I do a slight move to the right or left from my gt27 it will react instanly on the sim

Thanks.
daliawest

Re: Motion adjustment

Postby value1 » Wed 24. Oct 2012, 20:50

Hi daliawest
Read here and here and please be more specific what you have done and not. Settings, screenshots, etc.
Did you watch the video tutorials here?
value1

Re: Motion adjustment

Postby motiondave » Wed 24. Oct 2012, 23:03

In the math section, edit the force and make sure the “automatic max adjust” is unticked, then manually reduce the number in there, example, if you have 245000, reduce it to 205000 and so on . Go for a spin and test the motion until it moves more. Sounds like a math section profile issue. I have had the same thing in other games as well.
Remember, the force numbers do not always have to be high, they can be quite low as well, as long as the motion is good.
motiondave

Return to Motion simulator building Q&A