My 2DOF simulator with sew eurodrive geared motors

Running simulator build projects.
Please use the image gallery for your pictures, a short tutorial can be found here.
The first image in the first post will be shown in the project gallery.

Re: My 2DOF simulator with sew eurodrive geared motors

Postby vicpopo » Thu 29. Nov 2012, 22:13

Hi everybody,

Since a few weeks I search another hall effects sensors for testing another possibilities than the ss495.
It's not because the ss495 is not great ( it's even the opposite) , the reasons are that the ss495 is always one of the most expensive and because it's not easy always to find it in electronics seller.
I tested another sensors from Allegro .
I tested 3 kinds of them which are all hall sensors A1302,A1321,A1322 from Allegro manufacturer .You can find its each datasheet easily on the web.The most significative caracteristic to watch is the sensivity.There are like follow:
ss495- A1322 : 3,125mV/G
A1302:1,3 mV/G
A1321: 5mV/G

NB: I not tested the A1301 which have 2,5 mV/G sensivity

The simulator had 3 different reactions depends on the sensivity.All these tests are with amc1.6 FW made.

First notice : with the same setup for the multiturn potentiometer turned clockwise (max voltage available on the pot ) and the same position for the potentiometer which setup the deadzone(% displayed on lcd , 5 % is the max angle course). So high is the sensivity so little is the angle course.
Exemple: if you setup your simulator with the ss495 (sensivity 3,125mV/G) and after you changed for a A1321 (sensivity 5mV/G)your angle course on the output gearbox shaft (with the same setup) will be more little.And the opposite if you change for a A1302.

It's maybe interestning for those who would peharps have a bigger angle course as 180°.With my configuration the litlle problem I met is that with this lower sensitivity my inverter get out the run mode (stop mode) but I noticed anything in motion because the time was very very short.I don't know if that comes from the hall sensor , it's just a notice.

With the sensor A1322 (5mV/G) the simulator was shaking with more amplitude around its middle position. During the game I felt no changes comparing all other sensors.

In conclusion I will stay with a hall sensor with 3,125 mV/G sensivity regardless the manufacturer (honywell or Allegro) and because I need around 100, 110° angle course max on the gearbox output shaft.

Hope these tests could be helpfull for the community

Best Regards
vicpopo

Postby vicpopo » Sun 27. Jan 2013, 11:35

Hi everybody,

After many updates and modifications I think the simulator is finished.
I made a video with mounting 2 movies.One is the simulator taken front view and I incrusted "picture in picture" the view from the car which was recorded with Fraps.
I tried to synchronize both as well but it's not 100%.I would like to say the latency between comes not from the simulator which is very dynamics with high response but from one side the video synchronization between both captures and the other side from the frame rate with Fraps ( 14 Fps)
The datas from this try are:
Xsim3 beta 3.0.0.8
Tronicgr amc 1.6 at 1 ms refresh rate in uso parser and COM at 115 kbps (not sure 100%)
Sew Eurodrives gearmotors with MovitracB inverter

The video:

http://youtu.be/J9I2QH_NUVA

The I noticed is the simulator is very dynamics but in video you don't have this feeling.

But for sure it is !!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by vicpopo on Sun 3. Mar 2013, 23:57, edited 4 times in total.
vicpopo

Postby motiondave » Sun 27. Jan 2013, 12:02

looking good
motiondave

Postby prilad » Sun 27. Jan 2013, 12:19

vicpopo wrote:After many updates and modifications I think the simulator is finished.

Hi, Gilles! Congratulations !!! ;)
prilad

Postby vicpopo » Sun 27. Jan 2013, 12:42

Hi Motiondave and Ale,

Thanks for your comments! ;)
vicpopo

Postby prodigy » Sun 27. Jan 2013, 13:28

Hey Gilles, it's looking good!
It moves nice, good reactions, good work.

I have a question, when you want to sit in your simulator, it is complicated, isn't it? :lol:
prodigy
X-Sim Supporter

Postby vicpopo » Sun 27. Jan 2013, 14:32

prodigy wrote:Hey Gilles, it's looking good!
It moves nice, good reactions, good work.

I have a question, when you want to sit in your simulator, it is complicated, isn't it? :lol:

Yes you're right I need a shoehorn (google translator) !! :lol:

And when I seated I don't want step down ... :P
vicpopo

Postby vicpopo » Tue 29. Jan 2013, 22:22

Hi Bobbuilt,

Thanks for your support .
I full agree with you for the cost comparating with the DC Motors...

But anyway the solution with ac motors + inverter could be reachable for more people .Let me develop a little bit.

- a friend found his motors ( 2 gearmotors) for 100 Euros in after market (second hand market).The problem is to find exactly the same with a low reduction ratio( after the inverter make the job to adjust the speed).I know you have to buy 2 inverters

-Mine had a very usefull feature regarding our needs for simulator is the Vector Flow Control(the other main common driving mode is with U/f law ).And I agree that this inverters are not given but you can use a normal inverter duty motor.In fact I think that inverter duty is a commercial argument because the process now in industry are the same to produce both.

- i think that is as easy to setup ac motors + inverter as the jrk!! It takes me for a normal setup 20 minutes per motor.

Parameters in inverter:

- driving mode : VFC or U/f
- ramp up ramp down 0,1 s
- max motor speed to adjust with the output speed on output gearbox shaft.
-max overload current 150%
That's it !!
On amc1.6 the Kp setting et dead zone feedback pot.

One point I would like to demystify also is the motor speed and the output shaft speed.With this simulator the gear ratio was to little .I had to reduce the motorspeed with inverter to 380 rpm for an outputshaft speed at 12 rpm.
First 12 rpm that's enough and second the most important think for the the dynamics is the time to come trough from 0 rmp to max speed, and obviously the capability that the electronics can follow this values. I said several times that tronicgr amc1.6 is very good.The only problem is that I think that the amc1.6 works greater with ac motors as dc motors.In fact I didn't find yet a suitable h-bridge for driving bigworm dc motors .I burned all h-bridge I tested.

- and finally the last but not the least , in Françe our current net is 230volts at 50 hz.As the voltage is high the current stay in a lower value.The simulator with 2 ac motors suck max 5 Ampere .Regarding to dc motors which can suck very high current I think is more safe and easy to plug in my home.

Best Regards and thank you for your interest.

EDIT 16/02/2013

I achieved to setup the ramp up and ramp down in my inverter to zero second .Before I setup them to 0,1 s.I didn't notice a big difference when playing but it's interstning to share it.
To avoid the failures which sometimes happened like overload current over , I setup and increased the parameter ( number 503) time stayed in overload current from 1 sec to 3 sec.
Last edited by vicpopo on Sat 16. Feb 2013, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
vicpopo

Postby Mertensbart20 » Sun 10. Feb 2013, 13:35

It looks really good! Nice job!
Mertensbart20
X-Sim Supporter

Postby vicpopo » Sat 16. Feb 2013, 21:02

Hi ,

I edited the post below with changing my ramp up and ramp down values in my inverter.

Look at EDIT 16/02/2013 on the post linked : http://www.x-sim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=293&start=30#p5586

Best regards
vicpopo

PreviousNext

Return to Motion simulator Projects in progress