Thanos AMC1.6 USB 2DOF Motion Controller

AMC, H-Bridge projects etc.
Please use the image gallery for your pictures, a short tutorial can be found here.
The first image in the first post will be shown in the project gallery.

Re: Thanos AMC1.6 USB Motion Controller

Postby Senetor » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 03:59

Thanos,

What is that name of the Device you are using for checking your measurements on different parts of your Projects, It looks like a MP3 video player, the one with the shiny black face on it. Is it like a mini Oscilloscope.

Senetor.
Senetor

Postby tronicgr » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 15:38

Actually it was an MP3 player before they altered its internal electronics a little bit to convert it to a single channel portable oscilloscope.

The model is DSO Nano DSO201:
DSO Nano DSO201 Pocket-Sized Digital Oscilloscope Review

I used a custom firmware on it developed by BenF: DSO BenF Firmware v3.64

Thanos
tronicgr

Postby vicpopo » Tue 21. Aug 2012, 00:41

Hi Thanos and everybody,

As I said before leaving home for holiday and now I'm back home but always on holiday :D , I posted on Youtube a try from amc1.6 v1.1e + asynchrone geared motor + inverter + Xsim3.
In Xsim I just configured effect 27 longitudinal force only for watching what happens on acceleration and braking.
It's look great and this first try is hopful for a simulator with this solution.

For Thanos:

I found the firmware v1.1 e much better as the version d !I can't give you technical justifications but I found it better.
Just a few things I noticed:

1-with the version firmware d when I was reaching the end position of axis (0 or 255 , I don't remember if it was both or just 0 or 255) the inverter stoped ( I saw it on its display).It's certainly normal because I was in full acceleration or braking but it seems strange because so many informations were coming in simulation ( every 30 ms).With the version firmware e ,I never watched this case ( the inverter never displayed stop altough I was on end point of axis ).

2- with the firmware version e I never overcame out the angle configured with the ss490 in the amc1.6 ( I turned max clockwise the potentiometer on the amc1.6 as you adviced me).You will say to me that is normal because you wrote it to avoid this problem and I answer to you my friend big thanks because i works !! :D
The only little thing disturbing me for the moment is that I can't achieve 90° for the angle setup . I will try later one more time to improve the ss490 adjustement.
With the firmware version d I overcame once out of the angle setup.the motor made a complete turn to go back in the new postion.But the motor never stoped he followed turning .To stop this problem I had to switch off the inverter and xsim.
For the moment I completly vote for the firmware version e. ;)
That's all for this evening.
Best Regards
The video :
vicpopo

Postby tronicgr » Tue 21. Aug 2012, 16:43

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the great demonstration. Can you post some more details about the settings on the inverter side? Like did you disabled ramping or the frequency you used?

For the 90 degrees angle I might have a solution. But I'll have to find some time to sit and code some more control commands for manually setting the limits. But remember that the more limit size, the less available positions are provided. Currently with firmware 1.1e there are 210 available positions (10% edge limits). Maybe I'll use some of the rest potentiometer inputs for setting the limits and max motion angle as its the fastest way to implement it and you can change it realtime.

Best Regards,
Thanos
tronicgr

Postby prilad » Tue 21. Aug 2012, 21:27

Hi Gilles
vicpopo wrote:The only little thing disturbing me for the moment is that I can't achieve 90° for the angle setup . I will try later one more time to improve the ss490 adjustement.

I understand that is question to Thanos, not to me. :D And I DO NOT propose to use my firmware, :lol: but I want to say (just in case) that software restriction angle of potentiometers was implemented in my firmware. And it is very convenient. You can specify any size of dead zone at both ends of the potentiometer. In default setting it is 90 degree for working zone.

Best regards.
Ale
prilad

Postby tronicgr » Tue 21. Aug 2012, 21:31

@ Gilles,

Here is a new untested firmware that uses the POT3 as a way to set the limits from 0% to 90%. That's all I can do from the Starbucks Cafe that I'm spending my morning right now. Just use a normal 10K potentiometer to set the limit in realtime testing.

FTISP for AMC1.6 1.1f beta.zip
(11.4 KiB) Downloaded 859 times

BTW, I love the sound of that motor on your video... I sounds like the ones they used on Ironman movie!! :lol:

Thanos
tronicgr

Thanos AMC1.6 USB Motion Controller

Postby vicpopo » Thu 23. Aug 2012, 13:57

tronicgr wrote:Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the great demonstration. Can you post some more details about the settings on the inverter side? Like did you disabled ramping or the frequency you used?

Best Regards,
Thanos

Hi Thanos ,
I give informations I have in my memory, for more details I have to use the inverter brochure and the firmware which I can use to upload all inverter informations.
Some informations :

1- there is 2 way using the inverter , frequency and U/f (Voltage / frequency).For the dynamics applications is recomended tu use the second one U/f.I did so.It adviced to not go over 30 , 40% of the primary speed ( 1440 rpm at french net 50 Hz).I tried with 100% so with the double frequency and speed (100Hz, fast 3000 rpm in the output gearshaft that means 30 rpm).For the future simulator with full load maybe I have to reduce this parameter because not enough torque.I will see ...

2-For the ramp I believe that we setup the parameter to 0,2s.I have to fix this parameter when playing ! I don't know yet if I will have latency ...As I can notice is that amc1.6 and xsim3 will run faster as the inverter. The best way is to test and fix it when playing.

That all I remember for that moment.If I could upload all the inverter parameters I will share it.What suprised me is that the inverter parameters and brochure are big but that takes us not big efforts to setup them and have quickly a good result.

I can say Thanos your amc1.6 board is really fantastic , easy to make , easy to program , easy to use...And using with Xsim3 is a real pleasure...

Best regards
vicpopo

Postby vicpopo » Fri 24. Aug 2012, 00:00

Hi Thanos,

I made the test amc1.6 and the new simple h-bridge you found on e-bay ,link below:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220984305430&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It works very great , a very good response , a very good positioning without motor shaking, it looks very fast and dynamics.I can't make very special tests but you will match this perfectly and I'm sure that you will find very good results.I don't know what could happen full loaded but without that seems to be interesting.

One another point the motor isn't from far noisy.If this simple h-bridge is as the dual you mentioned in a post there is something to isolate in the h-bridge both circuit ( power and driving)
The next step is the test with the big worm motor (180 Watt)

I forgot I used always the firmware amc1.6 v1.1e my favorite! :D

A little video from the test as usual:

And pictures from the simple h-bridge:

Simple h-bridge

Simple h-bridge
vicpopo

Postby tronicgr » Fri 24. Aug 2012, 17:08

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the nice words and the wonderful demonstrations.

I also noticed some noise on my servo motor on the highest speed where the PWM pulses are close to 98% and higher. As it says in the ebay page it accepts pulses up to 98% so I guess that is true. To fix that I adjusted my code to jump to 100% (constant 5v signal) after 98%. I haven't tested it yet but you can try it to see if there is difference. Also in this version 1.1f I added adjustable end-point limits with a potentiometer attached on POT3, and its value is displayed on the LCD as percent. So now you can set the end-limits from 5% to 95% for each side of the motion. Try it to get the 90 degree angle rotation you needed.

FTISP for AMC1.6 1.1f.zip
(11.46 KiB) Downloaded 855 times

If passes all beta testing, I'll post it on the first page.

Best Regards,
Thanos
tronicgr

Postby vicpopo » Fri 24. Aug 2012, 18:21

Hi Thanos,

Thanks for your firmware improvement ,I will test it tomorow normaly.
Can I use a 10k multiturn potentiometer (3 turns or five turns) on pot3 (watching your video I believe yes) ?

Best Regards
vicpopo

PreviousNext

Return to Controllers and Drivers Projects