You are new here? Say a short "hello" to all other members!

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Re: You are new here? Say a short "hello" to all other membe

Postby zaharie » Sat 17. Nov 2012, 13:19

Elo guys,
zaharie here.... pls to join x-sim. About a month ago I finish assembly of FSX and FS9 with
6 monitors .... with the latest graphic card ( 2 pieces of asus 7970) on one cpu awesome view on 3 panasonic 32 in. LCD HDMI
and 3 touchscreen Dell 21 inches for main (MCP) , center pedestal, overhead panel.
time to take to the next level of simulation.Motion! looking for buddies to share this passion.
Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah
BOEING 777 MALAYSIA AIRLINES
zaharies@hotmail.com
Attachments
zaharie

Postby motiondave » Sun 18. Nov 2012, 00:32

Now thats a set up!
If you plan motion for all that, look at 240v motors for sure.
motiondave

Postby bwood359 » Sun 18. Nov 2012, 04:36

Hi my name is Brian
Myself along with a partner are going to attempt to build a sim using the joyrider model along withthe wiper motors and x-sim with the jrk 12X12 controllers. the difference being the material on the joyrider. we will be using square tube steel and aluminum. by our calculations the sim base chassis will weigh around sixty pounds. I have learned a ton already. this diy community is awesome. i am sure i will have to acquire knowledge of the pro's on here. thanks in advance.
bwood359

Postby motiondave » Sun 18. Nov 2012, 10:10

bwood359 wrote:Hi my name is Brian
Myself along with a partner are going to attempt to build a sim using the joyrider model along withthe wiper motors and x-sim with the jrk 12X12 controllers. the difference being the material on the joyrider. we will be using square tube steel and aluminum. by our calculations the sim base chassis will weigh around sixty pounds. I have learned a ton already. this diy community is awesome. i am sure i will have to acquire knowledge of the pro's on here. thanks in advance.

May I suggest bin the wipers and use something like these http://www.motiondynamics.com.au/worm-d ... -180w.html
or an ebay equivalent.
JRKS will run them easy.
motiondave

Postby grjess » Sun 18. Nov 2012, 14:43

Hi my name is Glen
I,M going to attempt to build a sim using wiper motors and x-sim with the Sabertooth 2X12 controllers. I'm new so will be looking to learn from the diy community . And acquire knowledge of the pro's on here. thanks in advance
grjess

Postby denizelmas » Mon 19. Nov 2012, 20:00

Hi, everybody on this forum, I am new comer from Turkey and the idea to make a sim came along on 10-11-2012 when we were talking with my friend also got member like me; Nury961.
He has a passion for FSX; me on the other hand actually have no passion for the games-simulator on computer but I like to play with mechanics and drive cars. So this issue seems to fit my interests as an end effect though zero(0) in electronics and interrelation to the dynamics of motion regarding the control.
I like the concept behind the DIY idea of which actually is my philosophy for the last two year “Mind before money, creativity before investment”.
I am since then googleing and found this site which is awesome for me. I have read almost everything here and thinking about it with the options that I have in my hand to begin with. But I did not simplified my thoughts so far.
I made some search here and found out that I will be short regarding the electronics since the parts for it mentioned mainly is not so easily found here in Turkey and especially where I live. I will ask for help and I am sure the kind x-sim members will do.
I have digged the wreck zone for general cars and asked my uncle for help who is car electrician, even I have ordered 10 ! Mercedes Bus 302-403 wipers for 10€ for the beginning. Here are the photos.
My oncle

wreck area

One last word; Forum thing is not easy, this is first attempt. hello again Deniz
Mind Before Money,Creativity Before investment
denizelmas

Postby sirnoname » Mon 19. Nov 2012, 20:41

Hi and thank you for your impressions. How many simulators do you plan :)
Since our last day of the open door I have another meaning about wiper motors. His VW Golf motors are absolutely silent and do their job for a seat mover (small force needed) in perfection. I suggest you also start with a seat mover like the Simforce GT or thanos joyrider which is designed for such motors.
If a answer is correct or did help you for a solution, please use the solve button.
sirnoname
Site Admin

Postby nury961 » Mon 19. Nov 2012, 21:19

Hi everybody;

My name is Nurettin but you can call me nury.. I am from south part of turkey. I am 31 yrs old married and have 2 beautiful childs... My occupation is industrial engineer and working at our own business for 6 years. My relative denizelmas is also my friend and we start to invest on motion simulator. It is the fact that we dont know about electronics but since we joined this forum we learned a lot of things.

I want to explain about my project shortly, which name is CSX...

I am playing flight simulator since fs developed. But unfortunately I cannot play this game because of the family & business responsibilities.

Firstly I will do electronics and then will do the hardware of the project.

I bought SAITEK X52 PRO FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM & SAITEK PZ35 PRO FLIGHT RUDDER PEDAL from turkish suppliers with a amount of 526 TL (1€=2,3 TL) it is approximately €230.

And today I ordered Velleman K8055 USB interface with amount of 100 TL == €44...

I also bought 2 pieces of 1kw DC motor 3000 rpm with a 1:90 gear box and get 2 mitsubishi inverters.

Tomorrow I will order 2 monza racing seats and will give a gift one of them to my friend deniz elmas :)

For the computing system I dont want to use 2 different computers. Because of that I ordered special computer which is ASUS
INTEL İ73770K 4.6GHZ 16GBDDR3 2TB+128GB SSD BLU-RAY 2GBDDR5 GTX680VGA WIN7...

I hope to spend very good times when I building the sim.

See you on my next reply... (sorry for my english)

Nury
Thanks a lot !
nury961

Postby denizelmas » Mon 19. Nov 2012, 21:42

nury961 wrote:Hi everybody;

My name is Nurettin but you can call me nury.. I am from south part of turkey. I am 31 yrs old married and have 2 beautiful childs... My occupation is industrial engineer and working at our own business for 6 years. My relative denizelmas is also my friend and we start to invest on motion simulator. It is the fact that we dont know about electronics but since we joined this forum we learned a lot of things.

I am playing flight simulator since fs developed. But unfortunately I cannot play this game because of the family & business responsibilities.

I bought SAITEK X52 PRO FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM & SAITEK PZ35 PRO FLIGHT RUDDER PEDAL from turkish suppliers with a amount of 526 TL (1€=2,3 TL) it is approximately €230.

And today I ordered Velleman K8055 USB interface with amount of 100 TL == €44...

I also bought 2 pieces of 1kw DC motor 3000 rpm with a 1:90 gear box and get 2 mitsubishi inverters.

Tomorrow I will order 2 monza racing seats and will give a gift one of them to my friend deniz elmas :)

For the computing system I dont want to use 2 different computers. Because of that I ordered special computer which is ASUS

Nury

warm welcomes to nury
denizelmas

Postby denizelmas » Mon 19. Nov 2012, 21:42

nury961 wrote:Hi everybody;

Nury

where is your avatar :D
denizelmas

PreviousNext

Return to New users start here - FAQ