Thanos AMC1.6 USB 2DOF Motion Controller

AMC, H-Bridge projects etc.
Please use the image gallery for your pictures, a short tutorial can be found here.
The first image in the first post will be shown in the project gallery.

Re: Thanos AMC1.6 USB Motion Controller

Postby tronicgr » Mon 16. Jul 2012, 13:39

ne02005 wrote:I´ve just order the Sparkfun USB module to cbuild your new AMC, (I got an Amc 1.5).

I see you are recomend Pololu High-Power Motor Driver 18v25. Is better than your H-Bridge?

I´m waiting your answer to order at Pololu.

Yes, it works with no problems! Its tiny but powerful. That's the one I use on my motors on the latest videos I made!

Thanos
tronicgr

Postby tronicgr » Mon 16. Jul 2012, 18:22

vicpopo wrote:Kp setting : I tried with an another PC and the problem is always here.You can change the Kp setting but it takes time, you have to make several tries for entering new values.

Hi Gilles,

I just updated the first page with new firmware that allow you to change KP settings directly from x-sim converter interface. Load the new firmware v1.1d and follow the instructions.

The problem with hyperterminal has to do with timing issues from changing the wait times in FTDI drivers. I prefer leave is as it is and that's why I implemented the above solution to overcome it.

*EDIT: I just implemented separate "save" command function that will allow for experimenting on the fly without need to actually save into memory.

Thanos
tronicgr

Postby vicpopo » Wed 18. Jul 2012, 18:51

tronicgr wrote:
vicpopo wrote:Kp setting : I tried with an another PC and the problem is always here.You can change the Kp setting but it takes time, you have to make several tries for entering new values.

Hi Gilles,

I just updated the first page with new firmware that allow you to change KP settings directly from x-sim converter interface. Load the new firmware v1.1d and follow the instructions.

The problem with hyperterminal has to do with timing issues from changing the wait times in FTDI drivers. I prefer leave is as it is and that's why I implemented the above solution to overcome it.

*EDIT: I just implemented separate "save" command function that will allow for experimenting on the fly without need to actually save into memory.

Thanos

Hi Thanos ,
I tested amc1.6 with the new firmware v1.1d.I didn't try yet to modifie the Kp setting as you describe in this post.
I make new tests with the wiper motor and dual h-bridge and something new happened.I played with the slider for testing the motor positioning.It runs well except the shaking motor problem we talked together in this post, and suddenly the motor 's shaking very hardly independentlyfrom Xsim.
I posted a video after this fact happened.You can show the lcd display indicating X65Y66 (the kp values which are certainly wrong)

Video :
Regards
Gilles
Lcd picture
Lcd
Last edited by tronicgr on Sat 21. Jul 2012, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image attachment fix needed
vicpopo

Postby tronicgr » Wed 18. Jul 2012, 20:19

Hi Gilles,

Yes I see that your KP settings are WAY TOO HIGH!!!! I guess that is the reason the motors are shaking, trying to lock into position but always overshooting!!

I would suggest you to try to set KP settings around 3 to 7 for the motors you have and don't increase it over 10.

Here is a video that I took just now and shows how to parse the KP setting on the "simulatorstart" field, and the difference between temporary setting and permanent setting (saved in memory).

So to permanently save the KP settings you need to use this string (for KP5) for both motor:
KP~254~~5~~5~

Thanos
tronicgr

Postby prilad » Wed 18. Jul 2012, 21:31

Hi, Gilles.

I think (and may be Thanos thinks like me :D ) there is one easy way to search optimum Kp value for your system: to use alternative software complex from ALE ( it's me ;) ). If you will use my firmware (http://www.x-sim.de/oldforum/blog.php?p ... oad&id=265) with special software 'xSimCtrl', you will see GRAPHICAL response of your system to standart sim commands. IMHO. And you can change Kp setting in real time.

Sorry for advertising. :lol:

Sorry for

Best regards
Ale.
Last edited by prilad on Wed 18. Jul 2012, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.
prilad

Postby vicpopo » Wed 18. Jul 2012, 21:35

Hi Thanos ,
Ok right it works ,with your video I better understood how to change Kp settings!
I fixed the kp value for the wiper motor to 1 !! It's the value that give me the minimum motor shaking and when I test the motor positioning quickly with the slider that give not to high rebound eventhougt the angle motor position is over.
Regards
Gilles
vicpopo

Postby vicpopo » Wed 18. Jul 2012, 21:43

prilad wrote:Hi, Gilles.

I think (and may be Thanos thinks like me :D ) there is one easy way to search optimum Kp value for your system: to use alternative software complex from ALE ( it's me ;) ). If you will use my firmware with special software 'xSimCtrl', you will see GRAPHICAL response of your system to standart sim commands. IMHO. And you can change Kp setting in real time.

Best regards
Ale.

Hi Prilad ,
Thank you,for your help .I tried using your software but I don't know if I did some mistake but I burned my mofset testing your software!!
I 'm a little bit squary using your software ... I know that the problem comes from my side and not from your soft!
When I tested the soft I connected this kind of motor :
http://www.x-sim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=132&start=20#p1039
Thanos said that may be I should changen the mofset from irlzn44 to irf3205
But with a wiper motor that would be work!
Regards
Gilles
vicpopo

Postby prilad » Wed 18. Jul 2012, 21:55

Hi, Gilles

vicpopo wrote:I 'm a little bit squary using your software ...

I understand your concern. No problem.

Regards.
ALE
prilad

Postby vicpopo » Fri 20. Jul 2012, 01:22

prilad wrote:Hi, Gilles

vicpopo wrote:I 'm a little bit squary using your software ...

I understand your concern. No problem.

Regards.
ALE

Hi Prilad,Hi Thanos

I tested ale's firmware with xsim and I didn't burn any mofset :P
But I tested with Prilad software xsimctrlv2.2(without xsim running) and it doesn't work (problem I suppose communication , values pwm pot displaying in real time between lcd and soft and sudenly fixed )
Thanos did you test amc1.6 (ale's firmware :D ) with xsimctrl v2.2 ?
In the post I saw your tests but each time with xsimctrl v2.1.
For me with amc1.6 and ale's firmware 2.1 fix3 and xsimctrlv2.2eng it doesn't work (soft and firmware linked in this post)
Regards
Gilles
vicpopo

Postby prilad » Fri 20. Jul 2012, 08:15

Hi, Gilles.

vicpopo wrote:I tested ale's firmware with xsim and I didn't burn any mofset :P

This is a good news. :D

vicpopo wrote:But I tested with Prilad software xsimctrlv2.2(without xsim running) and it doesn't work (problem I suppose communication , values pwm pot displaying in real time between lcd and soft and sudenly fixed )

There are some simple rules for making communication between PC and devices with FTDI chip (USB to RS232 converter):

1 - connect device to PC with USB cable.
2 - In device manager check the COM port number for serial converter. If port number more then 8, manualy set port number less or equal 8 in port properties and RECONNECT device.
3 - Start PC software xSimCTRL.exe
4 - Select COM-port number, baud rate (115200), bits (8), stop bits (1) and parity (NO) in the setting menu.

vicpopo wrote:Thanos did you test amc1.6 (ale's firmware :D ) with xsimctrl v2.2 ?

This is a question to Thanos, but as I know, he now works with xSimCTRL v2.2

Regards
Ale
prilad

PreviousNext

Return to Controllers and Drivers Projects