DC motor_N-channel MOSFET's_H-bridge

Topics and questions about AMC, h-bridges, JRK's etc.

Re: DC motor_N-channel MOSFET's_H-bridge

Postby thecure » Tue 16. Oct 2012, 23:07

speedy wrote:Hi kbssa : ...
sure my friend the IRF3205 works very fine with 5v logical level ... as you can see my hole project is using it ...
BTW ... what kind of motor controller are you using ?
If you're using Tronic-h-bridge [P-channel /N-channel full H-bridge ]... then you'll find that after replacing the IRLz44n with IRF3205 ...
the heating up mosfets will be on the IRF4905 side ... :!:
and every heat generated should be dissipated by a heat sink ... try using some compact ones from the world of the computer boards .
don't kill your mosfets by heating them .
and just an advice ... buy the IR2110 mosfet driver and use only N-MOSFET's with it and save your time and money . :mrgreen:
go green .

edit:
12v driving circuit layout.pdf

BTW ... I did this small circuit long before to be added to each BH0,HB1,HB2,HB3 as input to boost the signal as output to gates
of the low side MOSFET's of the Tronic H-Bridge to fully operate the mosfets into it' maximum performance linear region
[the gate voltage =or less than the supply voltage ]I've tested it and worked good for the coupled version H-Bridge .
I don't want to confuse you ... but only to spark ideas out .

regards
speedy ;)

I need this circuit ............12v driving circuit ?!?!
thecure
X-Sim Supporter

Postby speedy » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 04:24

Hi thecure:
The circuit is there :!: ... yes it's that small one :D ... just to increase the low side MOSFET's gate voltage from 5v coming from the 7508 into 12v that is taken from the battery ... Do it manually ... it's just 1cmx1cm board with these two transistors and some resistors ... :D

BTW ... this circuit is to be added to the Tronic H-Bridge not here ... do you have that H-bridge ?

regards
spe ;) edy
speedy

Postby thecure » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 08:04

I do not need this circuit because I took one of the Pololu...right?...Thanks for your patience :roll:
thecure
X-Sim Supporter

Postby speedy » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 08:24

Hi thecure:

thecure wrote:I do not need this circuit because I took one of the Pololu...right?...Thanks for your patience :roll:

you're welcome ...
this H-bridge is intended to be used with the Tronic AMC 1.5 or 1.6 boards ... if you want to do it for other motion controllers like pololu ... I suggest to ask Thanos for fast response as he did it before ...

certainly that would be a good new topic in a separate thread ... " Ask Thanos ..." :lol:
speedy

Postby thecure » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 11:36

i used circuit thanos. And your circuit.......the pololu is an experiment....i don't understand where connect out and input in the thanos circuit...The name of q1 and q2 ?
thecure
X-Sim Supporter

Postby speedy » Thu 18. Oct 2012, 05:58

thecure wrote:i used circuit thanos. And your circuit.......the pololu is an experiment....i don't understand where connect out and input in the thanos circuit...The name of q1 and q2 ?

please don't be confused and confuse me ... explain to me one question at a time :

Did you finish assembling the updated N-channel h-bridge circuit ? ... you posted it's photo into another thread ...[ :? ]...got you ...
you're free to do that ... but why ?
speedy

Postby Turn » Thu 18. Oct 2012, 23:03

Great job, speedy! Awesome contribution with your how-to guide and hard work for us. Thank-you x10!
Turn

Postby speedy » Fri 19. Oct 2012, 11:36

Hi Turn:
Thanks for your overshooting compliment ... adjust your feedback pot's please :lol: ...

Sorry for my next examples as I'm attached a little with my children's behavior advices .

I still believe that this place is like "Aladdin cave of wonders" ... There should be some guiding signs here where to go ... if you want it to still receive professional racers ... Gain actual or spiritual profit from it ... or at least to be internally convinced with what you're doing ...
There should be another way than scratching the lamp and pops up The Ginnie every time to till you what to do ... :lol:

I'm convinced with this behavior with my minor experience ... that I can give you 2 choices every time you ask me you're hungry !!! :( ... one of them to give you a fish to eat every time :) ... and that makes me the "One Who is feeding you " :o ... the second choice is teaching you how to fish by you're self :? ...!!! ... That would give you Food, Freedom, Self Dependent, Confidence, ... etc. 8-) ... Oh yeah look at you ...

Please don't give up the second choice ...I like it very much ... and don't hate me ... some one already did ...!!!
The home page here is like the pirates map [English language counts on this] ... many of us are lost with it ... once you get used to it ... go go go ... but to where ?
I suggest using some kind of engineering standards graphic signs here ... like some of the traffic signs pointing to the needed place [Men - Women] :lol:

Now ... Are you really still convinced in that big RPM scooter motor ... ?
[believe me I'm still using the Google translator 2-3% of my writings to check spilling at least ]

regards
spe ;) edy
speedy

Postby Turn » Fri 19. Oct 2012, 22:00

I hear you, speedy. :idea:

But I would also like to talk about motion sims. Can we? Just so you know me better, my background is mechanical engineering plus 15 years computer work. That means nothing except that...."I know all the equations". Well, not all of them....you know what I mean. For one thing, as far as motion simulators go, it is simple to understand that to move mass X a certain way you need kilowatt Y, no matter what. No escaping that fact of reality. That boils motor selection down to very simple terms. Except for one thing. $

So...what I'm saying is...as far as the motion-sim genie thing you should notice that I have never asked questions like, "what motor should I use for my simulator?", or "what's a good power source?", etc. Right? Right! :) In that other topic I never asked, "are scooter motors good for motion sims?" I design actuators and rigs in my head and on paper, notice their power and torque requirements, notice that Company X's motor specs seem to match, then ask friends, "hey, has anybody got experience with motor X?" Because internet specs are often....misleading shall we say? ;) Understand?

Hopefully some day I'll be able to share something. Right now I'm feeling my way along the cave walls. At least I have a dim torch.
Turn

Postby speedy » Fri 19. Oct 2012, 23:09

Hi turn:
Oh, Ok my friend thanks :D ... I understand now the work priority and sequence you're following ... and I hope I didn't interrupted any of those planned steps ... thanks very much for sharing your time with me . :D

regards
spe ;) edy
speedy

PreviousNext

Return to Controllers and Drivers